Skip to main content

Looking forward to the weekend.

I am so looking forward to this weekend.  Especially after the long week I just finished.  Don’t get me wrong.  It was busy and some of it was great but it just wore me out and at times stressed me out.
The Scholarship presentation was great.  I went early enough to enjoy the reception prior to the evening’s events.  Met up with people who I don’t see often and got to reacquaint myself with.   The food was nice (when isn’t it).  The evening was long though.  I was among the first ten presenters and that was good but I stayed until the end so that I got an opportunity to get a picture from a grateful young lady and her parents.  I have a feeling I will be hearing from her sometime in the near future.   Her mother is a staff member of the local Library and promised to help me anytime I am there.  SHe also knows Dr. T.
It was still raining when I left the presentation and headed to SHaron’s house to drop off my dinner choice and money for the DTC dinner next week.  SHe wasn’t home from the DTC so I left it in a secure place--I hope.  I did call her the next day to make sure she got it but I haven’t heard from her.
Friday night I made my airline reservations for the trip to FL next month.  I can’t believe how easy it was.  I did let Roberta know and of course Liz.  THe only thing is it is a night flight and I won’t be getting into FL until maybe 11.  Debbie and Stan live a half hour Northwest of Fort Lauderdale.  All that’s left is the car reservation to and from the airport and a little shopping.  Oh and LIz thinks i should have picked a better time to go (like earlier in the day) but i liked the price i got my tickets at.  I will be riding JetBlue.
I did email them and they seem fine with the choice i made at least I think they are.  I can never tell with Debbie.
I had a phone session with Debra yesterday and I told her about the week's events and she felt I did fine with the flights.  SHe understood everything I was feeling.  
Last night a neighbor sent me a message that she took a picture of rainbow over the house last night and it is beautiful.  It is on my timeline that I shared with Liz and Jim this morning.
I had a nice dinner that managed to swell my ankles up quickly.  Popeye’s chicken.  I had a couple of pieces with a biscuit and macaroni and cheese (clearly velveeta box).   I had it for breakfast as well.
This morning has been pretty good.  Fed the kitties had some coffee, and did my crosswords (haven’t done them in a week) and got some really good scores.
The grocery delivery came around 7:30 and everything has been put away that needed putting away.  I will have to freeze a few things and maybe do some cooking.
There is a Memorial Day NCIS marathon going on so I am going to watch it most of the day.  I don’t think it's on tomorrow.  They are starting with season ten.  I probably will watch it most of the day after my visit with Liz.
As I said will be going over Liz and Nelson’s to drop off a bird house the girls made from the club and I thought she would want one.  I may be going over there on Monday but that’s only tentative for now. If not I will be here sleeping.
Tomorrow is going to be very quiet for the morning and then do bingo.  I have laundry i am working on so it won’t be last minute.  
The weather is going to be a mixture of sun and clouds and maybe some showers.  I think the temperatures will be in the 60’s.  
The kitties are good.  Tiger pulled a “Sky” and crawled under the blankets of the spare bed and is currently there.  I don’t know where SKy is (probably leaning up against her) and I would imagine both sleeping right now.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…