Skip to main content

And so it begins

Well the countdown has begun.  One week from tonight I will be on a flight to Fort Lauderdale Florida to spend a week with friends and getting to see a part of Florida that I have never seen before.  I have already gotten things packed just waiting on the clothes I Ordered last week.  I decided not to bring a dress but a couple of sweaters, light white pants,  one denim, lots of blouses.  I will put my meds together later on in the week.

I still need to get some things to take with me such as a camera (not sure my phone will always be cooperative) and a compact umbrella to take with me.

Right now though I am using the PC in my old bedroom as the laptop is either updating or dying I can’t tell which.  I am not pleased by this development either.  I have been doing a few things that I need to do.

The kitties slept in the computer room (My old bedroom ) until 6 or 7 today.  They have been exploring the room again and really want me to go to bed soon.  

The Groceries arrived shortly after 8 this morning they were quickly stowed and started working on some long overdue letters.  

As i mentioned I finally got a letter off to my friends Andrea and Missy today.  It was about five pages each and asking them a few questions here and there while letting them know what I have been up to.  I told them about  Work, the Ladies’ Guild and what the future holds for them and the catholic churches, as well as the woman’s club and offered them both suggestions about joining their local organizations.  Andrea is originally from NJ and living with her family in Kentucky.  Missy is from California and married to her best friend.  I mailed Andrea’s today and I will mail Missy’s tomorrow.

Bingo went well we had about 15 residents and  Hanna helped out for the last time this year.  She will be leaving on the 12th back to home in China.  Bob was there and was glad I was there.  Once again some of the residents were a little restless.  I am glad I am taking a break for the next two weeks.

The weather was beautiful this morning but changed quickly around 3.  It began to rain while I was at bingo.  It continued for most of the early evening and stopped by  7 I think it will start up again later this evening and will continue for the next three days.  It will be in the 50’s overnight (I am wearing flannel jammies right now)

I just got word that thursday may be the only time we have the June meeting.  It will be 6:30 and at Dr. T’s house.  I Have been the only one responding so far.  

I am starting to get tired so I am going to call it a night.  I have enough outfits for the next 4 days so I am not worried. 


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…