Skip to main content

Jeans Day

This is becoming my favorite day of the week.  It's the day we can wear jeans to work.  It is a day to be comfortable but still be functionable and get work done.  Today it may have been a little too comfortable as I found my falling asleep a number of times at my desk.  Today was a little bit of mail and the rest of the day was scanning.  It went pretty well with a few glitches.  I have put in my time for my appointments for July.  I have taken all of Wednesday off and that will be explained in a moment.

I went to the food court outside the hospital for lunch and got some chinese food.  It was pretty good.  THere was a concert in the courtyard next door.  It was great listening to the music.  It has been a long time since I saw those there.

I have to admit I am still not feeling completely well.  I had my dental checkup yesterday and it looks like i am having a root canal done next wednesday..  It hadn’t been hurting for the last few days until they began to poke and prod it.  Honestly it is affecting my jaw now and now my head hurts when I look to the right.  I have a feeling it's a little more than that but I also still have a leftover cough.  I will have the Rheumatologist look at it next week.

I got a reply of sorts from Neighbor Don regarding Floyd being in the driveway.  He actually sent me a link to a house up for sale.  It's the hockey player next door!  So many things are going through my head as to why he is moving.  Could they hear me yelling or screaming ( I do that quite often to release tension),  have I not been careful getting in and out of the shower (bathroom is literally in the kitchen and probably visible in the window) or could it be the big huge neanderthal sign promoting the fortune teller (seer) across the street?  I don’t know.  At the same time I am thinking I can do whatever i want in my own home and if the neighbors don’t like it then too bad.

The kitties are quiet tonight.  Sky is currently under the chair in the livingroom and Tiger is under a dining room chair.  I expect that very soon when the living room light goes out Sky will either lie on my legs like he has for the last few nights or on the sofa cushion above me.  Tiger might sleep on my lap depending the thunder claps for the night or she will sleep in the back room or stay in the dining room.  For the last couple of morning I have yelled at sky as he has been clawing my toes and feet while I have them under the blanket.  Its an old comforter that is losing its down filler.  If he keeps doing it he will be flying around the house without a parachute.

Tomorrow is the Memorial Service for Rah and I am expecting Jim to come up and pick me up in time for this thing.  Its from 10-12 but it's one of those events that allows people to show up late.  I don’t get it. Why would you think it's okay to show up for service late?  I can understand if its traffic related or no place to park (and I that’s why I am expecting for tomorrow) but nothing else should make you late.


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …