Skip to main content

Just wanted to check in before

Good Morning everyone! In about 12 hours I will be on my way to Tamarac to visit my friends.  I got the trip information and all that goes with it around 8:30 last and because the computer was a tad slow it took me nearly 30 minutes to print it out (part of it was the checking in).  I was going to check my bags in but when I learned it was another $25.00 I said no way.   My sister says if it is too big then i will have to pay the $25 anyway.   I called DO up and sort of chewed him out.  I will get my return info the day before I come home.

I have a few errands to run including getting the stupid umbrella that I not only wanted but needed.  I kept putting it off and now I have to get it.  I will go to Marshalls and get one after I got to the bank.  

I am at that point that whatever else needs doing (making the beds, straightening up) is now not important than being ready for the trip.  The car will be here by 3:30 (I am guessing) as I seem to remember they came a tad earlier than the time I wanted them to come.  This should get me to the airport by 5 which leaves me two hours at least to get something to eat and relax.  Boarding is at 7:23 pm. Doors close at 7:43 and then 16 minutes whoosh into the sky.

To be honest I am not really moving that fast either.  The party I wrote about yesterday didn’t break up until 1 as i could still hear the music but not as loud as earlier in the day.  Those of us who didn’t go enjoyed the music from our perspective homes until it was time for me to go to bed.   I tried everything to get to sleep finally semi warm milk was the cincher.  

I nearly scared liz last night when I called her at 9.  I was calling her to check in with her before the trip (I am calling her today as well).  I just didn’t realize the time.  I told her I got my boarding pass and how I was enjoying the lovely entertainment.

Do you believe this?  I am heading to Florida to see friends I haven’t seen in awhile and I am whining because I had neighbors partying until the wee hours!!!! REALLY?  GAK.

You all be safe and enjoy the good weather that’s planned for the week.  I will see you when i get back.  I will post about the trip when I get back.


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …