Skip to main content

Staying home today

I decided to call in sick this morning.  Even though I feel a little better I think this morning will be sleeping in.  I sound like I still have a cold.  The nap yesterday did some good but not enough.  I called my team lead and she agreed that I stay home.
The installation last night went really well.  I got to see people that haven’t been able to attend and we had guests (such as the deacons, and of course Father Aiden) and the food was delicious.  Cheese and crackers to begin with then a buffet and chocolate cake with lots of blue frosting on it.  Most everyone at my table had a blue lips.  Some of us more than others (Not me).  It was finished by 8 (which was a relief because I really didn’t want to be out late).  We are done for the summer and will start up again in August or September.  I have flowers that I got in the refrigerator and will put them in a vase.
I do have some things to do before the weekend starts like emptying the dishwasher cleaning up spots.  I will order my groceries for tomorrow this afternoon.  Make sure things are straightened up.
Jim is coming sometime tomorrow and I told Liz about it.  I am not sure why I said anything but just to let her know.  He didn’t say he was going to see anyone but sleep and take off for home the next day but who knows.
It looks nice out.  The sun is out and it is supposedly 72 degrees out it feels a little more in the house.
Alright I am yawning way too much.  I will see you later..


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …