One Day Closer to the Weekend

Today was awesome. I did wake up early but stayed in bed a little longer than I wanted to but that is okay. I got the clothes out of the dryer from last night and watched TV for a bit. I got ready for work and then Mom got up for her meeting at Bridges.

The drive to work was great (hardly anyone on the roads or in the parking garage). The crunch was on to get as much AR in as possible for not only Month end but fiscal year end. I think we did pretty darn well. I was concerned that there wasn’t a lot of volume of mail for being the end of month or year but it was explained to me that it’s okay because it’s the time of year (huh?). Anyway, I managed to get all of the mail done and was able to put another dent in the readdress mail. I worked until 6 and did the NOPPS. This will be the only OT for the next week or so.

After work I headed home. Traffic was heavy through out the 95 corridor. I am thinking it was people leaving early for the Holiday weekend. I did manage to get home by 6:30 but still it was heavy. Oh I saw the Turkey in West Haven again. This time I saw a couple of furry things next to it. I am thinking it was Momma and babes hunting for food.

Mom was waiting for me for dinner. We had spaghetti and true to nature we both got the sauce on our white shirts. Mine is in the wash now and Mom’s will be waiting for her when she gets home.

Mom had to go Meriden for a meeting tonight. I am not sure what time she will be home but I hope it isn’t too late. I tried to check the traffic cameras to see how the traffic was moving and it seemed to be moving in the Long Wharf and part of Northern New Haven but there were no Middletown CT cameras! WTF?

I asked Mom what we would be bringing to Bob’s Picnic on Saturday. It’s his annual July 3 picnic in preparation for West Haven’s firework show that night. Every year West Haven always has their show the day before 4th of July. I think so it wouldn’t conflict with a town near by (READ: New Haven)

The Archdiocese of Hartford announced that Arch Bishop Peter Rosazza retired today. He has been as I would like to think progressive. The first time I met him he presided over our (Dave’s and mine) confirmation. You can read it here if the link above doesn’t work:

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2010/06/30/news/doc4c2bb25ed1583787332390.txt

Well listen I better check on the laundry downstairs. I hope to wrok on some more of these papers. I have a couple of pen pal letters from 2005 I have to find their owners logs and see if I have anything else of theirs. One is from Sherri G in TN and the owther is Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 55

When do you begin planning for Thanksgiving?