When do you begin planning for Thanksgiving?



Earlier today I wrote that I had been reading a blog that was from Virginia or Maryland and they discussed Thanksgiving preparations and they started their blog with a question “When do you start your preparations?”

I asked a couple of co-workers and they looked at me quizzically and then finally said two days before the actual holiday.  Another one looked at me and says “that’s because they don’t cook”.  But he did tell me some start now.  I asked Mom these same questions. 

She tells me that Jim is coming for thanksgiving this year and she did invited Ethel and Diane for dinner.  They have not given an answer yet.  Anyway, Mom tells me she started making the pies this week.  She has the mince meat already done and in the freezer.  She will be making her pie crusts in the next few days.  In the days to come she probably will put more of a menu together (that will include seafood for Diane) that also will have various side dishes that are vegetables, rolls, etc it will be a crescendo the week of Thanksgiving.

So my friends when do you start your plans For Thanksgiving?   Please share with us.


Comments

I have already begun planning :) great blog by the way!
Kate said…
That's great what do you plan on doing for it? Thanks for the compliment. I hope you come back again
You're welcome!! May I follow your blog? Fee free to follow mine as well if you're so inclined.
Kate said…
Yes I would pleased for you to follow.

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025