Skip to main content

I survived

I left here on Monday just about 11:30 or so Liz picked me up and we signed in and went into what I call the prep room to get the vitals all the information and then dressed (or undressed).  I was originally scheduled for 1:45 but didn’t get in until 2:15.  The last thing I remember was going into the OR and getting set up. I was a little anxious because the mask was a bit large and claustaphobic but the nice man calmed my nerves and the next thing I knew I was being wheeled into in SICU.  I lost all track of time. 

Unfortunately as I was getting settled in one of the other SICU rooms was starting to flood so they had to move me down past the three affected rooms.  I was placed in a room far removed from the excitement.  I was there until Wednesday afternoon.  During that time they had me walking, they took x-rays, and of course bloodwork, and of course the normal meds.  I tried to get some extra sleep since I am normally a light sleeper.  Before I left they took the tubes out that they used for the actual procedure and the drainage tubes and let me tell you it may have been a quick thing to do but it hurt like hell.  I cried like a baby.

After that I waited for Liz to come pick me up which turned out to be around 1.  She had to take care of things before she got there.  Needless to say I was rather annoyed.  We didn’t get home until 2 and Jim was supposed to be there by then but didn’t get there until 3. 

I did manage to get some sleep while waiting for Jim.  Once he got there Liz left and we did our own stuff.  Jim took care of the garbage and got dinner and we walked and then watched TV the rest of the evening.

Today we had a visit from the Home Healthcare and they will start Friday.  After the initial intake was done she left and I took a shower.  The rest of the day I was either watching TV or napping and making some calls.  Late this afternoon my stomach wasn’t feeling great.

Oh and the kitties were a little miffed at me.  Sky didn’t come around until 5 yesterday and Sky didn’t come out from under the bed until 4 am this morning.  She did stay near me a lot during the day.  But they were both getting back into normal routine.

Tonight Jim is going to get up in time to see the Mars and Moon event.  I am probably going to be sleeping.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…