Calm before the storm
Despite almost
getting into an accident this morning the day went pretty well. I was coming around the bend on a street and
a car was coming from the opposite direction and we nearly collided. I swerved and avoided the car. I lookd back and the car was just sitting there. They were just as much at fault as I was.
I talked with Sis this
morning and they are fine. She reminded me that if it gets bad that we could stay with them
(nice offer). I thanked her and told her
we should be okay. We were not really
worried about the storm.
Governor Malloy
issued a state of Emergency for the
state (it’s not for another two days guy) in preparation for the storm. I still say they are over-reacting to this
but maybe they have to in lieu of what happened last year.
Work went well. I got to the office around 11:30 and worked
for two and half hours. Mama Joanie,
JanetN, and AnnetteC were there along with many others. I think I got over 400 pages scanned and all
in all did about ten batches. They all
complemented me
on my new haircut (I wish I could show you but I don’t know how to download
from camera). When it was time
to leave we wished each to be safe during the storm.
When I got home Nieghbor Don was stacking some of his wood piles in to the garage to protect
from the storm. He says he would be
putting more into it another time.
Mom came home around 4:30 and had a lovely day. She said the wedding went off without a hitch
and the opera at the movie theater was very good. She went to 5:30 mass. She also suggested that it would probably be
a good idea to get laundry done before the storm comes
in case we don’t have electricity. I see
by the weather.com there is a costal flood warning for Monday morning until
Tuesday.
Oh dear Mom is not happy that Cousin Joe posted the blog
entry. I told her he didn’t do anything
wrong and she said that “Laura’s” family are very private people. She also gave the very lame excuse “just because everyone does it doesn’t mean its right”.
I am a little tempted to email Joe and tell him that she isn’t happy
(she is the one who shared it with him).
I really want to tell
her she can’t tell him what he can or can’t post in his blog. I realize she is from a generation that doesn’t
do this sort of stuff but she is more openminded about other things and this is
hypocritical. He could do a couple of
things. He could 1) tell her to mind her
own business 2) or honor whatever she requests.
I see LJ is planning
on changes. Apparently it isn’t something some
of my fellow bloggers there like. I don’t know enough of it and I don’t use
tumblr anyway. I will have to look into
it before really saying one way or another.
Okay I read it but I
don’t see a problem with what is being proposed. I would imagine that there will be opt-out on
this if it isn’t working for the individual.
For example there is a new way to post entries I switched over (again)
today. I don’t mind it too much.
Some people like my friend Eddie V is looking forward
to this storm and quite frankly so am I.
There are others who are not. I
looked on Twitter and mostly stupid comments
but some are concerned about heading
towards the storm.
I am going to check
the laundry. I will chat with you all later.
Comments