Hurricane Sandy 750-11:55 pm



Well shortly after I posted the last entry I looked out my window and saw the moon.  The clouds were moving and it peaked out a few times after that. 

It was then I decided that I would go out for a short walk.  Neighbor Don and Neighbor Pam came a long too.  We saw the road being blocked off by the beach.  TV station Channel 30 was filming the waves coming over the wall onto the street.  As we walked back to our houses we saw a flash of light.  We think it was a transformer.    We took a look at the river out back and it is just below our street.  We also noticed something floating along the river.  It was the Dollar store’s dumpster.

I checked several times entries on Facebook, and almost twitter.  More and more people in my area are losing their power.  Other friends of mine across town have been evacuated.  Just a short while ago we got another reverse 911 call. 

My friend Debbie in Wallingford (Mexican Train team-mate) called to see how we were doing.  She told me Roberta & Mike doesn’t have power.  A tree fell across their yard.  I called them and there is no answer.

Mom seems to think she lost internet access.  I keep telling her it is possible the cable lines or even the cable system.  I am still connected (knock on wood) but if she screws with it and causes me to lose internet connection she will really see me angry. 

Well I don’t have cell service.  I guess some cell towers are down.  So if anyone is in need of me need to call the land line or email me.

It is now quarter after 11.  I went to check neighbors yard hers is fine but more siding from the guys house was in the street.  I put it in their yard.  The waves are still coming over on to the street on New Haven Avenue.  There has been a police shift change as well.  Neighbors Don and Pam came along with me and we checked the river.  According to Don the river would have another five feet to reach us and it’s not going to happen.

I have been surfing the net while writing this.  I have been visiting the Facebook pages, and my forums and the like.  Many continue with updates on Sandy.  I can still hear the wind but it isn’t raining right now.

Mom went to bed but is going to read in bed for a bit.  I am just going to lie down and see if I fall asleep.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025