I thought


I really thought I was going to have a bad day today.  I delayed getting ready for work as long as possible and yet I managed to get to the office by 8.  Despite the fact there were repairs going on at the garage where I park.  I had to wall all way a round to Temple than up George. 

I started working on the low volume lockbox and worked on the readdress mail until 9:30.  It was during that time I went to the kitchen and got coffee.  Where I literally walked to Sally T I was not sure if I was in trouble or not.  I am basing this on her body language.  She went back into her meeting and I went ahead and got my coffee and made a fresh pot.  I worried about what might happen and a few people said not to worry about it.  I took their advice after running into Sally a second time.  We were fine.  That is until I hear from SR.

I was able to do some scanning before the second wave of mail came.  The last count was 8 batches not bad for less than two hours.  Depending on the batches there could be many pieces to scan and sometimes not.  There is a lot of typing and every so often the machine coughs or chokes. I am not sure I will be able to get back to it again with this mail.  I have a staff meeting with KathyB and the rest our combined teams. 

I have some phone squad messages to make between now and Monday for the club meeting this week.  T is taking A down south to be with family.  I can’t imagine the pain they all must be going through right now.  We will be getting our Unicef Boxes and we have to pay for our club t-shirts and club sweat shirts.

I am a little bit annoyed with JessicaB who apparently went over my head to find out what the times for the phone banking at HQ are (I replied to her questions) and she complained there were no times listed.  Weill if you bothered to come to the meeting you would know.   I also sent out an email prior to this week.  She thanks me for the work I do but I need to send out another email with this pertinent information.    That would be great but she is not the Chairman. 

I have called Mom a few times today and I am a little spooked.  She got sick this morning (second time in two weeks).  She hasn’t answered the phone the times I called her.  My mind is racing a tad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025