Halloween 2012



Dear Milford Residents due to the recent Hurricane and its aftermath Halloween will be postponed until Wednesday November 7, 2012.  This will be so that our future generations will be safe as we clean up and get Milford back in order.  According to Milford Patch.com city officials surveyed the hardest hit and canceled school for the rest of the week.

Work was as I pretty much expected.  Busy and hectic the volume of the mail was heavy but I was expecting more lockbox.  The lockbox wasn’t handed to me until 11 just about the same time as the second wave arrived.    I spent the hours before its arrival doing re-address mail and chatting with others over storm stories.   . 

I saw Liz and Nelson today.  Their street had wires down (and dead for now) and the fire department was trying to remove their neighbors’ tree from the house.   It really cut a huge hole in the roof.  She tells me that Nephew Chris lost everything in his basement apartment.  He will be staying with his girl friend but the weekends he has the kids he will be staying with Liz.  The kids will too.

My appointment with the Hematologist was good.  I got my B-12 shot as well.  I hadn’t been taking my iron pills of late because the last time he said the anemia was low.  He does want me to get more blood work to see how much longer I have to take the Coumadin.  He wants me to do it a week after I get my INR (and I don’t have a cold)

My scratchy throat is not getting any better.  I think I am getting a cold.  I found myself sneezing coughing and the like.  I just took the night time cold medicine from Costco.  I hope it starts to work.

I am going to watch NCIS until 10 and then watch H: TLJ at 10 and then hit the sack.  I am going too definitely try getting in early to finish today’s mail and then work on what ever comes in. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025