The Big E
We got to the Big E around 11 am. Our first stop was the Wine and Cheese shop
near the gates. After that we went to the
Mallory Building where we found sheep, goats,
llamas, and a small shop where I found and bought two bibs for the two expected
baby Rivera’s.
We went back to the wine and cheese shop and got some wine.
D&R took the “loot” back to the car and then had. We actually stopped at the craft area first
and then had lunch.
For lunch we ate at the Rhode Island House. I had the Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail (8 Shrimp)
for $5.50. We then walked through the Massachusetts
house. I didn’t get anything here but
D&R did (can’t remember what).
We then toured the Maine
house and I bought a lobster Roll at Duffy’s for $9. Outside there was a vendor of pulled pork
parfait (baked beans topped with pulled pork.
That came to $7. That was really
delicious. Then again what isn’t good to
me? That pulled Pork Vendor says we can
find them on Facebook but I couldn’t see their name any where and they didn’t
have a card.
When we got to the New Hampshire House the first thing we
got was a Blueberry pie w/ice cream and a root beer float all for $10. It was great but gave me a brain freeze for
about ten minutes. Before going into the
House though we saw the Sea lion Show and it was really good. The only thing that bothered me was
this: a band had been playing a short
distance away. I thought it was very
rude. When I got home I posted a
suggestion to their
blog that they could do schedule not to conflict with what ever is going a
long with it. As of this moment they
didn’t approve the comment.
After we had finished walking through the New
Hampshire house we went to the Storrowton Village
to look around. We ran into my Nephew
Chris and his friends. This was his
first time there. We had to go back to the Connecticut house to get chocolate covered
bacon. I tried that and the only word
that comes to mind is ‘yuck’.
We made our rounds into Farm-a-rama where we saw a five day
old alpaca, The international Building, Better
Living Center,
and finally New England
Center for the Cream
Puff. By the time we got the Cream puff
I wasn’t really hungry but I still had it.
The one thing we found surprising was the fact you could
walk around with beer in hand. In the past
it was limited to one area. Personally I
think this is a bad idea for several
reasons. It could open a can of worms for
Accidents, fights, and damaged things for all the vendors who want to sell
stuff. I hope the administration
re-evaluates this idea and returns to the old way.
Comments