What an Absolutely Beautiful Day

It was so beautiful today. It was not too hot and not too cold. It was so nice and I didn’t think it would be the way it started off. It was cloudy and foggy. The temperature right now is 74 degrees. I went out at lunch time with JanetN. It is supposed to be clear for the next six hours. Sun set is slated for 6:26 pm.




I was really busy today. I worked on more of the re-address mail and worked on the mail until about Noon. I had an email tat I had to save from JudyF (temp supervisor) forcefully reminding me that return mail and stuff like that is not a priority. That I MUST get scanning once mail is done. That really ticked me off. So when SR gets upset and rattles on about being behind I can show it to her. I did speak to JudyF about it and she was okay with my explanation.



Once I was pretty much done with the mail I set up the desk where I would be scanning and then went to Lunch with JanetN. I totally forgot to ask Mama Joanie and at first she was a little put out. She was fine when I got back and offered her part of my lunch. She didn’t feel comfortable to come w/out being invited. This made sense when she explained it but through out the morning I had the sense she was really frazzled and stressed.



I spent the rest of the afternoon scanning and got a lot done. I could have sworn I did more yesterday but according to the records I didn’t. I was really annoyed with that too. Ah well next week is the future. I did tell JanetN I was contemplating on coming in over the weekend to work. She thought it was very nice but not worth it because “they” wouldn’t be appreciative. So I decided that I would just enjoy what is going to be the weekend.



I got an email from Dave this afternoon. It was basically one line with the funeral arrangements. His sister Debbie will be coming in tomorrow and Carlene’s Wake is Sunday. The funeral is Monday. I actually went looking for the obituary this morning and naturally it wasn’t in the CT Post or New Haven Register. I found it as you can see by the link on Patch.com. I told Mom a little while ago. She has to meet with a couple at 1 so she will be going later that afternoon. Dave is staying in New Britain with JimK



I have an update on the Pump station for our new sewer system The original house was finally knocked down to make way for the new building. There was a meeting last Tuesday to give updates. They have to have it completed by the end of the month so that the lines themselves can be put in. I am not sure if that will be done before the cold weather starts or not.



Well t hat’s about it for now. SIL just called and asked me to come spend time with her. She is alone in the house so I am going over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025