If you were to give a party


If you were to give a party and said “no alcohol allowed” and someone ignored your request what would you do?  The underage drinking discussion came up at work about how kids still sneak it in (but this question isn’t about having kids at the party-well may be on some level) to parties and I wondered what they would do.  I also ask this as my friend Rose mentioned about “oh you need to have alcohol at a party”. 

I am not saying I don’t attend parties that serve alcohol nor am I saying I that we never serve alcohol before.  I did and circumstances changed for me and with Alcoholism being very prevalent in society I was just wondering why people would insist on doing what they wanted despite being asked for no alcohol.  I would have preferred that alcohol not be served at parties I am giving and one day it won’t.

One day the wine that is downstairs in the cellar is going to be way gone.  I won’t have it in the house-I don’t think we have a lot.  We usually give it away anyhow.

I would be interested in what your thoughts on this are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025