A lovely Day

Well hello all.  I had a lovely day and the things that concerned me were not even a real issue-anymore or to anyone else. 

I did the errands I needed in the morning, came home got the laundry into the dryer and then had a quick bite to eat.  I had already called RR to make arrangements to pick her up for the meeting and so I just relaxing for a bit before taking off again.

It was after 12:30 when I picked RR up and we talked about the week and how I was working on letting people know when I was upset without showing them.  I told her about the “incident with T and of course she told me not to worry about it.

We got to the house close to 1 and were the first ones there.  We talked while waiting and then the girls came.   They worked on the Valentines that were left and I was watching and writing the minutes.

The meeting lasted until 2 and we all chatted after awhile.  When the girls left we talked some more.  Then we headed home and I dropped RR off and I came home and relaxed until it was time to go to church.

Mom came home a little after 4 from shopping and then we took off for church.  We had to park near the school and it was rather precarious.  We sat about two rows behind Liz and Nelson.  Some of L’s friends from both school, and the Knights were there as well as two of N’s own siblings.  The three of the newest Eucharist ministers (that would be L) were commissioned on the Alter and it was great.  After Mass we saw some friends (the daughter A was in the girls club) everyone else went back to the house for Pizza party.  I did tell Liz about Aunt A.

That’s right I didn’t mention this earlier.  Aunt A is a friend of our family.  She was the sister of Mom’s dearest friend and for several years lived with “IM” when “IM” had retired from Burndy’s.  After IIM had died Aunt A moved to TN to be with her other Sister.  When things didn’t work out she moved back to NJ  where she remained until  her death.  Mom tells me the services will be in Staten Island where she spent part of her youth and married life.  Mom has been in contact with BM (Aunt A’s nephew and the  oldest and remaining son of “IM”}.

Sis gave us each a little thank you gift for being at the “commissioning” and they were all some form of the cross.  Mine as a blue dove in the middle of it.  Its lovely.  I am going to send her a quick thank you note for it.

We left the party just around 7:30.  There were still a lot of people there and we had a great time but Mom was getting tired and she didn’t eat all that much at the party.  That was definitely not a problem for me.  I did have some chips but mostly salad and the pizza and this atomic flavored Chicken wing.  That was definitely too much..  There was dessert but I begged off.

When Mom and I got home I watched TV (and started to write this entry)  and did some web browsing.  I finally wrote a new entry in my NCIS blog.  I was going to write more stuff for the other blogs but I had taken some night time ibuprofen and started getting tired.

It was after 3 when I got up and make a bathroom run.  Unfortunately the toilet is back to its old self again.  It is running by itself.  Although not as much as before.  I think it may have just started up yesterday.

I also noticed it must have snowed during the night.  There is a light covering on the ground.  I guess there is more on the way but I hope not until I get back from Bingo this morning.  The moon was out but for how long would be a guess.

UH oh.  The alarm clock just went off.  I did try getting some sleep but it didn’t work.  I wanted to finish this entry.  I will try to rest for another hour and then  do more laundry before leaving for the nursing home.

I finally know what to get Mom for her birthday.  I will be making a contribution to Bridges in her Name.  I told her about it this afternoon.  I didn’t tell her exactly what I was doing but only I had an idea and she might like it.  I just need to make sure I have everything else taken care of first.

Okay I need to get back to bed for a while.   I will see you later.

Comments

Sounds like you had a great day indeed my friend :)
Kate said…
Thanks I did. The snow that fell has all but melted away. The sun is shining so I am not really expecting a lot more snow for today. That's probably a good thing because I know a number of people are having Super Bowl Sunday parties.

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited