Skip to main content

Wow this is quite a shock.

I was watching TV this morning when at the bottom of the screen the news that Pope Benedict XVI is resigning his papacy scrawled across.  He announced yesterday and then I read more here.  Mom was shocked when she heard this.  She has never known any other Pope to do this.  When she asked I said probably due to the Sex Abuse scandal.  Then I admitted I didn’t really know.  According to the article above now I do.

The first questions that pop into my head are What will happen next?  Well the process of finding a successor (for a lack of a better term).  The last time they did this  was eight years ago when his immanent was chosen and he became the leader of the Catholic Church.  How will the world react to this news?  What will this mean for the Catholic church will the rules that the Pope had made be rescinded?  Can they be rescinded?  According to this article much speculation has already started.

The reasons for his resignation slated to take affect at the end of this month were is his health and his age.  He has felt that if either were to be negatively affecting his position he would resign.  The article sites some of the issues that have been a part of his tenure.  All in all it will be interesting to see what happens and how it will affect the world in general.

Mom got up a short time and then went back to bed and is there now resting.  She wasn’t feeling well and I wouldn’t be surprised to have leftovers from last night.

When I finally got up it was sometime after 8.  Mom had already gone back to bed and I just hung out and got her papers from Saturday (it would have been very nice if you had Today’s Papers there but…). 

It has been raining all morning.  It is also foggy and sort of reminds me of Ireland, or the Industrial age.  Well if you have ever seen the pictures in history books you might know what I mean.

I made scrambled eggs and toast for lunch.  It went down fairly well with a minimal amount of pain.  It was simple and good.  I was hoping to have onions in it but we didn’t have any.

I am going to watch NCIS for a while until I get bored.


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …