Family update
I am all ready for bed and
I was looking over some emails and
some Facebook postings. Cousin Andy in MA says everyone came out of Hurricane Sandy with minimal problems. I think he worded it differently but cold med may be kicking in. He said they didn’t even have a power
blip. He did do what most of us have
done at one time or another. He left the car window open and it got
soaked. I called Jim (meant to text him) and woke him up and told him the
news. Something
tells me I should expect a call while
I am sleeping.
Other family members have been posting on Facebook. Niece Diane who has been in NY during the
hurricane spent time with friends at
restaurants and clubs that had power (which would be limited).
Her brothers are
fine. Well for John as fine as one can
be while being deployed to Afghanistan. He is returning from deployment in January and will be returning to Washington State.
Rob is fine. He has been working and I don’t think he had
power the last time he posted to Facebook.
I guess I will have to check that one out later.
Liz and Nel did tell me that Adam & Olga have power but have to walk
five miles to get to work. They live in
the city and transportation hasn’t been fully restored.
Cheryl and Mike have no
power but a generator. I am not sure how
much longer they will have to be without.
Their Daughter Jess Chris and Luca are surviving as well. Their boys and girlfriends are okay.
Lisa and Nel #2 were
fine. Grandma and Poppy spent time with Nel #3 in the last couple of days.
Rich came home
from Ireland
this afternoon. As I mentioned earlier Chris went to pick him up at
JFK. I am quite sure I will hear all
about that adventure soon.
As I mentioned earlier this week Chris lost everything
during the storm. He was renting a basement apartment
from a guy in West Haven
across the street from the beach. I am
already formulating gift ideas for Christmas.
Jim whom I woke up out of
a sound sleep to let him know about our cousins is still without power. He says he will be for another week. The kids are fine in Macungie. I think Emily says they didn’t lose power or
anything.
Mom is going to help out with the final weekend of campaigning
tomorrow if she is feeling up to it. Right
now she is watching TV.
Okay need to go to
bed.
Comments