What a long day



It was a long day.  I spent the morning working on the return mail from yesterday.  Just as that finished I had gotten the second wave of mail I was really waiting on the lockbox that never really came.  A small amount was waiting for me in the finance office. LeeP says that she has massive volume of it and apparently no one was helping her.

I have a massive amount of re-address mail that managed to fall over time and time again.  I had to put it in another bin.  I know someone will question me about it.  I try every day to get some out and every day more comes in.

I went to pick up the prescription that the Oral Surgeon had recommended and had it sent to the Walgreens on York.  They never got it.  So here I am playing telephone with the ladies over whether or not I have an allergy to penicillin. I misinformed then about the time I did get sick and it wasn’t in June.  Well we got that all resolved. 

I then get a call from IMM.  Their INR monitor wasn’t working so I couldn’t have my Coumadin level checked.  Now I have to do it tomorrow morning before I go and pick up Liz and we go to the Dentist.  I picked up the medication before coming home.

More people came back to work today.  Some people still don’t have power and some got theirs back in the last 48 hours. 

There was a major gas leak and accident on the highway in town.  Apparently a transformer blew up and caused the leak.  It happened before noon and was all cleared before I got there this afternoon.

Mom was getting dinner ready when I got home.  First she suggested that if I am not going to iron the clothes don’t wear them to work.  I had ironed my blouse.  Then she told me she went shopping at Talbots and picked up some beautiful clothes at a great deal.

We had dinner around our usual time 6 and it was chicken breaded.  OH it was delicious.  We had potatoes and vegetables. 

Since then I have been watching NCIS and on the computer.  Our Cable system must be having technical difficulties because some of the stations were completely off.  No sound and no visual.  They were all different channels.  I guess it won’t matter because I am going to bed soon.

I have been looking over emails.  I found some more from club members.  JanetR is fine.  No power loss just some trees down.  Jolyn is wishing for her electricity to come back on.  Its not making her recovery smooth.

Okay well its time for me to go to sleep.  I want to get up early and watch Hercules since it won’t be on tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025