It took for ever


It took forever to get home last night and it took for ever to get into work this morning.  I was 45 minutes late for work this morning because of a tractor trailer accident in West Haven.  Schools have been closed in Milford too.

Around 8 this morning I started making calls to the supervisors and to Susan.  Their phones were either full or they themselves weren’t in yet.  I called Janet to tell her that I was coming in.  Janet gave me Kathy B’s number and so I called her and explained the situation.  I got off at Saw Mill and drove down past the West Haven Train Station and headed down Elm Street then took side roads to New Haven.

This bothers me because I got up very early.  I got up to get my winter paraphernalia out and to get the garbage out.  Yet I didn’t leave the house until 7 freaking 30.  I also left with the knowledge there was an accident on the highway.  Yet I still got on the freaking highway and crawled to New Haven.

I am also concerned because I started getting sleepy in the car.  I am wondering now if it possibly could be CO2   leak in the car.  I find that opening the windows to get air only makes it worse. 

The Lockbox mail came to me around 10:15.  I had been working on the lobby mail (I can’t believe there is more than a week’s worth of mail in it).  A short time later the Post office mail came too so you know I have to do post office first.

Around 10:30 I went for breakfast but their breakfast menu had already changed over to lunch so I got some pasta salads for breakfast and a shrimp dish for lunch.  It was just about then that the skeleton staff became full staff.  I guess all morning people got in when they could.

I will feed Junior after work tonight and then it will be laundry night and sleep.

 When I finally got home last night I had to move the cars around and it was a little nerve wracking.  Once that was done we had dinner (some version of Chinese food) and the rest of the night I watched NCIS and or the IFC Trek Fest and Hercules.

It’s time for me to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025