Here we go again



While I was waiting for my turn for the INR I heard the talk of a Nor’easter coming next week. Happily it won’t be happening until the middle or end of the week.  It has turned cloudy in the last couple of hours though.  It is supposed to be partly cloudy for the night.  The temperatures are supposed to drop to the 40’s next week and then boom the storm.  I think this Nor’easter is supposed to last for two days (is that even possible?).   

I have gotten the laundry going.  Two loads in two washing machines and one wating to go in once one of the others gets into the dryer.  I hope to have it finished by dinner time.

I have been trying to call the nursing home to let them know I won’t be going to do bingo on Sunday. Unfortunately all I get is busy signal.  I did post a message to the girls club Facebook page asking for help and to call me.  So far only five people have read it but have not called yet.  I did manage to friend two of the new members and they accepted.

Mom ordered the Bose radio on Neighbor Don’s recommendation and she isn’t finding it to be helping her hearing at all.  She didn’t have it on long enough but she plans on putting in another room.   I don’t see how that’s going to help.  She is disappointed though.

Mom went to see SIL but she wasn’t home.  She also called her but no answer.  So now she is working on budgetary stuff.  She will have dinner herself later I just had mine while she was out.

I heard from Jim today.  He still has no power and won’t for at least a week.  He is also entertaining the thought of getting a kitten.  This should be interesting.  He also asked about the teeth and about our cousins.

We also heard from DLH (Rita’s Daughter) and they are back in North Carolina.  They are safe and they were checking in on us.  She called Liz earlier today but didn’t connect because Liz was on the phone.

I sent out an email to the cousins but one bounced back to me.  I am not expecting responses very soon.  I am going to see if I can read local blogs from the areas that at least three of them live in.

In the mean time I am going to enjoy my Friday night and get in to my pajamas and relax for a while…see you later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025