Things didn't go as planned
Today didn’t go as planned. I
got up early and hung around for a bit thinking I would go at 10 to get the INR
done. Mom
suggested I get it earlier so I left here around 9:30 after calling the
doctor’s office to see how long the wait would be. Their voice mail message
was “they were closed due to weather”. I
figured they left it that way from the storm.
They didn’t. I got there after
9:30 and found they were not opened at all so I had to come
all the way home made some calls to the Oral Surgeon and Liz.
The first call was semi good. I
explained the situation and they suggested I go to the Milford Lab next to Quest Diagnostics. I called Liz and explained the
situation. I got to the Lab by 10:15 and
registered and then had to wait. I
finally got my blood test. It was not
just the finger prick like usual. By
then I think my BP was up to million. The results would take 20 minutes. I got to Liz’s and told her what was going on
we chatted with Chris who was getting among other things last minute instructions
to pick up Rich. Unfortunately as we got
in the car she kept thinking of things to tell him and it was getting later and
later. I think I was calm but not sure.
We got to the oral surgeon and I explained what was going on. Eventually we got the results of the INR and
it was too high. 4.16. The procedure was cancelled so I had to wait
for Liz to come back to the office
(I left my phone to charge here). Liz came back for me
around 12:15 or so. While she was
waiting she was at Rich’s house looking for stuff.
On the way back to her house we
stopped at D&D and got coffee for us and Nel. He was just coming home
from a Doctor’s appointment in Fairfield. We talked about everything. The neighbors that stayed with them
(apparently it got sticky for all); health; plans for Christmas, and memories in general.
I left around 1 because they had to go to Killingworth to babysit Nel
#3.
Mom came home
around 2. We will probably do our own
thing like laundry and stuff. I have
taken some Dayquil (Costco version)
this afternoon because I sounded bad today.
Later on I will take the night time
stuff so I can sleep.
For now though I am going to do the laundry.
Comments