Veteran's Day 2012



To all the service men who have served our country over the years and in the future thank you for keeping us safe.   The City of Milford had a parade on Sunday and I do believe they had wreath laying ceremonies in the center of town (where most of our statues are).   I am not sure when they stopped the parade. 

Sunday  MYWC Club and Girls Volunteer Club had a ceremony at the West River Nursing home honoring those who were in the Service We had a program for all the participants, and we had patriotic songs and a moment of silence.  We started around quarter of 2 and finished by 2:30.   We also visited the Veteran’s who chose not to come to the service. ( I guess they felt the Patriots game was alittle more important.

I managed to get to sleep around 1 am Sunday morning.  I woke up before 7 and spent time checking out the forums and emails that came in over night.   There was some really interesting stuff.  For example a blog that lists offers for Veteran at different restaurants.

It was nearly 3 when I got home from the day’s activities.  I was exhausted and my coughing fits were becoming more frequent and extremely annoying.  I think I am allergic to Robitussin’s.  It never seems to work for me.  Around 10 they subsided and I was able to sleep.   

Around 4:30 I managed to go see kitty as I didn’t in the morning.   Her Mom and Dad came home today some time.  I made one final visit this morning cleaned out poop box and fed her again and got the dishes out of the sink.  I spoke with Roberta late this afternoon.  Their flight was delayed and rerouted to New Jersey due to weather.  She was getting supplies for the PITS session at Hopkins tomorrow.

The M ail volume was light today as I expected and it will be tomorrow as well.  Once I was done with the daily stuff and managed to do some of the re-address mail I offered to do scanning.  I spent the last two hours scanning and doing a little web browsing.    I don’t think I will be able to do either of those things tomorrow.    We will see when I get to work.

I got my INR done and it went up instead of down.  I can’t believe it.  So the instructions are to take nothing until Saturday and at that its 12.5 and something else and go back on Wednesday (before Thanksgiving).

All my intentions of doing laundry hit the proverbial brick wall.  I was tired and we had dinner around 5:30.  I have had a few coughing fits but not as much as last night.  I am hoping they will eventually stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited