Skip to main content

Thought I lost

I was afraid I lost my license this morning.  I looked a few times in my pocketbook and didn’t see it.  I even looked around this heaping mess I call my room.  I couldn’t find it at all.  Having that knowledge I drove really cautiously all the way to work.  I shared “lost license” story with Gloria O and she reassured me I would find it.  Lo and behold after being in my office nearly an hour I had to go into my pocketbook and get something and found it in between my checkbook.  Of course I kept it in my pocket for the rest of the day until it was time go home.  It is currently in its rightful place.

I got to work shortly before 8 and chatted briefly with Janet and Joanie and then began working on the stuff on my desk.  First it was some of the mail, then the return mail.  I delivered the pile of checks that I had opened on Saturday and found stuff waiting for me to open. 

I worked on the mail all day until it was four.  I also did some of the readdress mail because I was getting really tired of it building up.  I worked on it until 6 and then left for home. 

I talked with Liz and Mom today.  Liz was just getting up from her busy weekend.  She went on a retreat and it wore her out.  We talked about how Mom seems to be doing (referring to the holiday without Bob).  I told her she seems to be okay and that she always gets a little busy at holidays anyway.

Mom was doing shopping and she bought an 18 lb turkey for $20.  She said she talked with someone who bought an organic Turkey for $100.00.  She is still on the look out for the roast beast.

It was just about 6:30 when I got home.  Mom was waiting for her ride to her Bridges meeting.  She had my dinner fixings on the counter and I got to them (I only had breakfast this morning). 

When Mom left I ate and watched the last half hour of NCIS, Charmed, and then I watched NCIS:LA and Charmed again.  I have been browsing the web also.  Mom came home by 9 and I am about to go to bed soon.

How was your day?


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …