I Had too much coffee yesterday



I knew I was going to have a problem when I got more coffee yesterday.  On the way to work I stopped at D&D and got the smoked sausage and egg sandwich.    I got my extra large coffee.  At break time I got juice and more coffee.  I was still awake at one am in the morning watching the IFC Star Trek-a-thon.  This one was Number 3.  It was on at 8 pm last night.  I figured the Nyquil I took last night would put me to sleep.  It only made me drowsy for an hour or so.

I had the alarm set for 5 am or so I thought.  I wanted to be able to get up, get ready for work, go see kitty and go vote and get to work.  I was also supposed to drop off the signs to someone-anyone at the polling place. I didn’t have to it been recommended I just bring them to the HQ later.    I didn’t do OT either.

Work was fine I finished up yesterday’s mail and distributed to the people it had to  go to.  I got a call from Lee P and was advised to bring a cart.  There was a lot and it wasn’t finished by the time I left for the day.  US Mail was light and Mac the courier for the day was a dill wad.  I managed to rat myself out with a supervisor.

Here’s the story one of my supervisors daughters is a media consultant I think.  I did a search about her during work hours.  The supervisor looked at me and says to me “we don’t pay you to do that”.  Le sigh.  Can I be any dumber?  So needless to say I didn’t get back on for the rest of the day.  It isn’t the first time and probably won’t be the last.

We had our bi-monthly staff meeting.  The major issue for me at least was our Christmas party.  Tevis became the party planner and within an hour had the date, venue, menu all decided.   December 13 at Biagetti’s in West Haven.  The price will be for $30 that will include a gift for our boss.  Who we are anticipating her return by then.

Well it is nearly 11 pm.  I am tired and achy (too much salted foods) and so I must bid you adieu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Closer to the Weekend

Turning 55

Monday Musings 6/16/2025